For me, I have always viewed some months as being categorized by a certain characteristic. February is often thought of as the month of love. I believe it stems from the occurrence of Valentine’s Day on the 14th. However, over the many years, I have come to realize, it is not that I do not want to nor do I need anyone, but that I still want to give all of my love, patience, mercy, grace, humbleness, and care, to our God. I do not think I am ready to take on the role of significant other to another. Love that is unconditional from our Father is the most beautiful, raw, and eye-opening gift I have ever come to know. I want to learn to love like Him before embarking on a lifelong journey with another.
Let us start on February:
1 Although change may be difficult to overcome, God has created us all to be creative and do different things. God Himself frequently changes things up in our lives, so do not be afraid of change and instead go ahead and do some of the things you have never done before. Know that God is with you.
- Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
2 Be grateful for the person that you are. Although there may be norms to always compare oneself with others, God made us unique and different so that we may have differing strengths and weaknesses. In Him, we are perfect and whole.
- When they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely.
2 Corinthians 10:12
3 Let our love be “too hot to handle” so that not even Satan can dampen our love. Love is spiritual warfare and it makes loving people very enjoyable. Let us follow in His footsteps of being loving towards each and everyone.
- Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offences of others].
1 Peter 4:8
4 We all have the shield of faith. But it is only effective when raised up and in the name of our Father. Let us say firmly with conviction that all battles can be won with our Father by our side.
- Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].
5 We cannot live a life away from God. Nothing we do will succeed if we do not take time to read God’s Word and time to pray to Him. Do not live each day only to get through it. Pray for strength and wisdom to handle life peacefully and wisely. God will answer; as He always does.
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
6 I know how hard it is to cope with criticism. It may seem wherever you go, you face criticism. However, don’t worry about others and their judgement. Know that God loves you, and His approval and love is all you need.
- Rejoice and exult in hope; be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation; be constant in prayer.
7 One of the most powerful things one can do is to show love in the face of war, selfishness, sadness, and much more. By forgetting about ourselves and helping others, this can help overcome evil and its wickedness.
- By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves].
8 The person who has developed an “attitude of gratitude” is one who is continually grateful and thankful for every single thing that God is doing in his or her life day by day. I think this is rather magical as it helps us become more humble for the numerous undeserving things we are all blessed with.
- Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining [against God] and questioning and doubting [among yourselves].
9 To fully experience what wonderful stories God wants for us to live out, it is important to have commitment. With commitment, we have the power to resist the temptation to stop fighting the good fight. In order to see His plans become reality in one’s life, it is important to be 100% committed to Him and His will.
- Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also n Him and He will bring it to pass.
10 Our Father loved us so much that He sent His one and only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for us. We can be thankful that we have been set free from the power of sin; and when we stop dragging the guilt from our past around with us, we will truly make progress toward true freedom and joy.
- Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.
11 Is it not amazing how our Father can be as steadfast and unchanging over the times? Let us not lean on our own understanding, but on the Lord’s – now and forevermore.
- Those who trust in, lean on, and confidently hope in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides and stands fast forever.
12 When the times may get tough and uncertainty sets in as to what the next step should be, will you rely on God? Will you rely on His unchanging grace and love for us?
- …But David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God.
1 Samuel 30:6
13 I have found myself being cautious of this trait. At times, it may be difficult to keep one’s words clean of malice, but were we given the ability to speak of others for their destruction, or for blessing?
- …For out of the fullness (the overflow, the superabundance) of the heart the mouth speaks.
14 Work hard! Though our God wants to bless us, He also wants to be proud of our works when we put our all into it. Our efforts when blessed, can also serve as a reminder for us to continue working hard to achieve that which He wants us to attain, in His name.
- There is nothing better for a man than that he should eat and drink and make himself enjoy good in his labor. Even this, I have seen, is from the hand of God.
15 He was under the hands of God, to share of His might and power to all the people.
- Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people.
16 Isn’t it amazing how we are all blessed in different ways? For it is precisely our individuality that brings together strengths that can be drawn from in different ways to build up a unique and loving community.
- The sun is glorious in one way, the moon is glorious in another way, and the stars are glorious in their own [distinctive] way; for one star differs from and surpasses another in its beauty and brilliance.
1 Corinthians 15:41
18 REJOICE! For there is nothing sweeter to His ears.
- Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!
19 He is represented by so many titles, because He is able to perform wondrous works.
- But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
20 He will provide. As simple as this can be, it brings assurance even when the times may prove tough to endure.
- And [God] Who provides seed for the sower and bread for eating will also provide and multiply your [resources for] sowing and increase the fruits of your righteousness [which manifests itself in active goodness, kindness, and charity].
2 Corinthians 9:10
21 Our God’s wisdom transcends all. For knowing this, we do not have to rely on our own understanding, but instead – give all to our Father.
- Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give me renewed life… I will keep your law continually, forever and ever. And I will walk at liberty and at ease, for I have sought and inquired for Your precepts.
Psalm 119:40, 44-45
22 When I read this verse, I thought back to the times when I had relied on my own strength. But at the end, one feels as if the weight of the world is on his/her shoulders. It is because God makes all possible through Him, even when it seems impossible.
- The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge and trust in Him.
22 It is amazing how blessed one realizes if they were to stop and give thanks to our Father. Every step that one takes, they will realize that the Lord has continually watched over them. I for one, will never stop praising the Lord’s wondrous works as He is worthy of being praised, now and forevermore.
- That I may make the voice of thanksgiving heard and may tell of all Your wondrous works.
23 It’s difficult to determine what is right or wrong. But God will allow for the Word to always be right. Turn to it, and you will find your answers.
- So shall My word be that goes worth out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
24 Be real with God during your prayers and He will listen, simply because you are reaching out to Him.
- Ask and keep on asking and you will receive, so that your joy may be full and complete.
25 Never stop hoping and believing in God. He will send help, when you need it most.
- Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim.
1 Chronicles 14:11
26 Don’t try to figure everything out; no one can do that. Instead, turn your worries to Him as He sent His son to die on the cross for us. We can do all through Him.
- For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2
27 We must fellowship with the Lord, as He will give us the wisdom that is not found through earthly formulas, knowledge, or principles. He will show us the way.
- Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me and find Me when you search for Me with all my heart.
28 I know that God created me to be unique, and with my gifts, I will use them distinctly to praise Him wholeheartedly.
- But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not for nothing.
1 Corinthians 15:10
Jesus is love. Is there no greater feeling knowing He loves us also, as He sent His one and only son to us?